Over 350 guests emerged at Optus Stadium on Thursday, 2nd February to attend the Skill Hire Apprentice of the Year Awards event.
The awards are focused on recognizing our rising and skilled talent, and this year we saw over 70 nominations received across 11 categories.
The winners below:
- Tony Harvey Apprentice of the Year – Andy Chien, JDF Bricklaying
- Safety Award Apprentice – Janelle McKay, Catcom Pty Ltd
- Fourth Year Apprentice of the Year – Ethan Doidge, Civmec
- Third Year Apprentice of the Year – Christopher Macculloch, Btech Electrical Services
- Second Year Apprentice of the Year – Joshua Phillips, Civmec
- First Year Apprentice of the Year – Mark Quinn, Venture Smart
- Pre-Apprentice of the Year – Aidan Cooke, True Blue Building Services
- Trainee of the Year – Isabella Peyton, Metcash
- Regional Apprentice of the Year – Cassandra Ricceli
- Nilsen Safety Award Host Employer – Exclusive Commercial Linings
- Host Employer of the Year – Mayvis Electrical
Of course, the evening would not have been possible without our sponsors, so thank you once again to Construction Training Fund, MEGT, Bluescope, Leap Consulting, Brick and Block Careers, Spartan First, ScotPac Business Finance, Estimaster and RSEA Safety.
Skill Hire really helped me to see that I can accomplish something if I set my mind to it and I completed my course 2 months prior to the completion date. Cheers guys!
Skill Hire are helpful and professional. Nicola was attentive to all my needs. Their timesheets systems were a breeze and always update us with messages. Thanks Skill Hire
I just wanted to thank Skill Hire's EST Trainers. Nathan is the absolute best trainer I’ve ever had privilege to meet by a WIDE margin and I appreciate everything done for all of us. I’m ecstatic about the internship opportunity.
Not only did Skill Hire respond quickly to our urgent need, your team took the time to understand our organization and our needs. The people sent to help out were outstanding and their ability to rapidly adapt to our workplace eased our burden during what was a very challenging few months.
My son has thoroughly enjoyed the Construction Pathways course. He spent the last 18 months being home schooled and not socializing with anyone so to see him eager to get up and leave the house every day still blows my mind. Simon, thank you for your understanding and taking extra care with my son.
I wanted to say a big thank you to Skill Hire and the team, especially Wayne for such an amazing experience for our students. All of our students were thoroughly engaged with the course and learned many valuable skills.